Last Saturday I took a walking tour of the new Denver Union Station Project. These tours are offered monthly by a great local blog called Denver Infill. This blog is written by a professor of urban planning and development and tracks all of the urban development projects happening in Denver.
The Denver Union Station Project is awesome! It is coming along quickly and should be a great city landmark and gathering space once it is finished. Here are some of the project's highlights:
- A hotel in the top floors of the actual train station.
- A large pavilion used for festivals, concerts, and fairs- complete with a huge lighted fountain in which children can play.
- A bike pavilion with a bike repair shop, bike lockers, and tons of bike racks.
- Multiple new restaurants, cafes, and bars in the station and flagging buildings.
- A bar that allows patrons to gaze outside through the station's old ticket cages.
- Multiple tracks taking you to different parts of the front range and to DIA...and even a track reserved for the return of the ski train one day!
Please contact Jenna Hamel at Dwell Denver Real Estate with any questions or Denver real estate needs: