Sunday, January 17, 2010

Indian Inspired Vegan Spinach Tofu Wrap

So last weekend I went to a great little farmer's market by my house.  So fun to take your time and browse around all the little stands on a weekend.  I love buying from local vendors. Its better for the environment (less emissions, often times lots of organic choices) and being surrounded by all these awesome ingredients. always inspires me to cook something new, yummy, and seasonal.  Heres a picture of what I got...

A lot of dishes that I make are recipes I try to replicate after eating something at a restaurant or from a market like whole foods.  I had a spinach tofu wrap the other day and it was so good!  I've been eating vegan for a few weeks now and am kinda forced to cook for myself more often so heres the recipe I whipped up.  Hope you enjoy!

Indian Inspired Vegan Spinach Tofu Wrap:

1)  Sautee 1 diced white onion in oil.
Add two bunches of spinach and continue sautéing.
Season to your liking with salt and pepper, ginger powder, garlic powder, curry, cinnamon, and turmeric.

2)  Once completely cooked down, turn off heat and add a package of firm tofu chopped into large cubes.

3)  Put mixture in a food processor (blender works too) and puree or whip till desired consistency. Remove from food processor into large bowl.

4)  Sauté some quartered mushrooms and fold into blended spinach/tofu mixture.

5)  Fill whole wheat tortillas with spinach mixture (making little burritos) and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so just to crisp tortillas a little bit.

So easy!  You can also freeze them and heat them up for a quick lunch.

Have a great Sunday!

Finish it off with amazing vegan cookies...

http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=1349

2 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe. The thing is, I don't take a liking to following directions. So I read over your great directions and set off to the kitchen to concoct whatever happened to manifest itself on my plate.

    As a result, I made a spinach (the ingredients you pureed together) scramble (not very veganesque... I know). It was good. BUT, the hummus I made (added a can of chick peas and a bit of safflower oil to the puree), was marvelous.! Just had another dollop a moment ago.

    Thanks Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Jenna! Going to try to make these...I won't tell Tommy they are vegan :) Hope all is well!! xo

    ReplyDelete