Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vegan Eating Adventures

Its now been about a month since I made the switch to eating vegan.  I hesitate to use the term Vegan because there are a lot of little no-no's that I definitely do.  Vegan's aren't supposed to consume honey (whoops), leather (not ready to throw out my boots...yet), and gelatin (this sneaks into everything!).  I also take fish oil supplements so that automatically counts me out I guess but you do what you can and truthfully I have been feeling great with the new diet!


So I took my mom to a vegan restaurant yesterday called Good Karma Vegan Cafe.  All of their food scraps go to the little farm that I wrote about a few blogs back, Veggielution, to compost.  It was a really cool little restaurant with local art on the wall and community ads everywhere.  The menu changes daily.  While we were there the menu included vegan chicken wings (which really looked exactly like chicken wings!), mashed potatoes, jamaican jerk tofu, and more.  I opted for the stuffed bell pepper (which came with black beans and a spicy ranch), tofu curry, and some brown rice.

Mom got the same except instead of the curry she got an indian lentil dish.  For desert we split an amazing oreo cupcake!  It was ALL vegan...and all delicious!

1 comment:

  1. wow, seriously please take me here...i've never had vegan food and, as you know, i'm the farthest thing from a vegan. but, the food looks delish and i'd love to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete