Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's like butta baby...

Maybe I am the only one in the world that didn't know how eaasssyyyy it is to make your own butter but either way I'm still going to share the top secret recipe of butter making...

Step 1)  Buy delicious, local cream.

Step 2)  Mix the heck out of it with an electric mixer until the butter separates from the buttermilk.  (*Use a big bowl or the buttermilk will end up all over your face like it did to me)

step 3)  Salt or season with fun stuff like honey, chive, roasted garlic, etc.

step 4)  Eat.

I know, I know this is all very complicated...

I think it was the "churn" word that always tripped me up when it came to butter-making. But it is sooo easy and it will be the best tasting butter you have ever had, promise!

The KEY is to use fresh, straight from the farm, "coat your finger like pudding" thick cream.  The rest is like butta baby!

1 comment:

  1. Growing up, we used to go to the "Kennicot House," Where we would spend the day doing chores the pilgrims would do. One was to churn butter... You had to sing as you churned... "Churn butter Churn, Churn butter Churn, Jenna's at the garden gate waiting for the cows to mate, Churn butter Churn, Churn butter Churn."

    ReplyDelete