Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Put down the crack...I mean coffee

Ok I feel like this topic may anger some people.  Coffee is heaven...bliss...life...I get it.  I love coffee, have been completely addicted for years now, but that word"addicted" was the red flag.  I would wake up in the morning, stumble to the coffee pot, and pour myself a heaping cup and slowly wake up with each sip.  When that cup was done I would feel incredible, full of energy, ready to take on the day....until exactly 3pm when I would CRASH.  I would feel terrible after that and start the cycle again the next morning.

I actually had no intention of giving up coffee until I read something about green tea one night and decided to try it the next morning.  And it stuck...haven't had a drink (of coffee :)) in the morning since.  I don't think its supposed to be that easy, but it was.  And it is really amazing how much BETTER I feel now.  No 3pm crash, no addiction.  I'm awake even before I have my cup of tea, which was never the case with coffee.  I just feel good.

There are so many benefits of green tea, too.  It's said to prevent cancer, raise the metabolism, reduce the risk of heart attack and so much more.  Stores like Teavana have awesome tea combinations and are getting more and more popular.  And if you really feel like having a cup of coffee some days then have one.  It will taste that much better.  Why not give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment