Sunday, September 9, 2012

homemade deodorant.


By now you have probably heard how scary deodorant has become.  Full of chemicals, carcinogens, and aluminum linked to Alzheimer's.  So why not make your own?  It's easy, inexpensive and safe for your body and mind.

mix.
6 tablespoons of coconut oil (raw unfiltered is best)
1/4 cup of arrowroot or cornstarch
1/4 cup of baking soda
a few drops of your favorite essential oil

* I like lavender oil mixed with grapefruit oil

This is a great antiperspirant as well.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, thank you for the great receipe. I will have to gather the ingredients and try to make my own. I would like to share an excellent all natural, aluminum free deodorant. I've tried the salt crystal, Tom's, etc.. but they seem to work only for so long. However, I have experienced nothing but success with Nutural. After wearing this deodorant all day, and completing my 5 mile run before dinner, there is still NO! stink. I love it.
    www.nuturalife.com

    ReplyDelete